Condo Association Disputes
A Hands-On Approach
Every association is different, with each having its own declarations, bylaws, rules, and board of directors. Our attorneys work closely with each client and carefully review the association governing documents in order to clearly identify the issues in each situation. It is important to analyze all of the facts in each case because both individual owners and the association have their respective and distinct liability and responsibilities to you.
Type of Claims
Association unit owners typically find the following types of matters that arise in an association:
- Failure to maintain common areas
- Flood, mold and fire damage originating in other units or the common elements
- Failure to enforce noise and disturbance rules
- Failure to prevent neighbors from beach of the association agreements
- Associations that fail to abide by the law
- Associations who harass their unit owners
- Challenge association liens, foreclosure actions, refusal to accept payments or improper or illegal fines and fees
- Challenge an association’s arbitrary denial of a new buyer or tenant
- Associations that selectively enforce rules against or in favor of some of the unit owners.
In order to completely handle a dispute with your association, it is important for your attorney to be both experienced in association law as well as property insurance litigation. This becomes even more important when you have a situation where two separate insurance companies represent the association and another condominium unit owner and there is a dispute over which insurance carrier is responsible for the damage. Militzok & Levy has the experienced attorneys, staff and resources to take on this type of dispute.
To learn more about your rights as an association property owner, contact us today to schedule a consultation.