Venessa Valdes practices in the areas of first party insurance litigation, condominium law, and commercial litigation.
Ms. Valdes earned her Juris Doctor, with honors, in December 2009 from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, graduating in the top 18% of her class. While at Nova Southeastern University, Ms. Valdes dedicated her time to public service at Legal Aid Service of Broward County.
She is admitted to practice before all county and circuit courts in the State of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She is also a member of the Cuban American Bar Association and the Young Lawyers Division.
In addition, Ms. Valdes assisted the author in researching the article Stop Shutting the Door on Renters: Protecting Tenants from Foreclosure Evictions, which was published by Cornell Law Review mid-2010.
Education and Awards:
- J.D., Cum Laude, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- Senior Staff, Nova Law Review
- Rebecca Knox Public Interest Law Summer Fellowship recipient
- Pro Bono Honors Program
- Book Award: Wills & Trust
- Dean’s List: Fall 2006, Fall 2008, Winter 2009, and Fall 2009
- B.A. Florida International University, Business Management